5 Reasons to Open a Sandwich Shop Franchise in 2023
The sandwich industry is growing at a rate of 2.9% in 2023, and it’s not slowing down. Here’s why there’s never been a better time to open a sandwich shop franchise.
Fast Food Trends Driving Consumer Demand for Sandwiches
If you’re considering investing in a sandwich shop franchise, these five trends will assist in the decision-making process. Let’s check out what’s driving the growth of the QSR segment and why sandwiches continue to be such a popular option for consumers and good business for sub franchise owners.
- QSR remains a strong segment of the restaurant industry, successfully innovating through difficult economic circumstances. In 2022, Zippia reports, sub and sandwich franchises made up 12% of the U.S. market share of fast food. And according to IBISWorld, their market size is $23 billion. Delicious food that is delivered into the consumer’s hands quickly and conveniently remains in high demand, and no better food fits that bill than a sandwich.
- The QSR segment has been impacted by inflation less than full-service restaurants. Consumers looking to reduce expenditures but who still want to eat out are choosing fast food, including sandwiches.
- Technology is paving the way to a bright future for fast food franchises and playing a more important role that ever. Mobile apps, online ordering, delivery, and pickup options are meeting customer demands for convenience. As tech has become intertwined with every aspect of modern life, fast food restaurants are uniquely poised to innovate and respond to current conditions. Sandwiches are the ultimate convenience food, matching perfectly with the convenience tech provides.
- Menu updates will emphasize value and reflect consumer demands for fresh, quick, and delicious food, as well as more healthful options. Sandwich places can offer a wide range of menu items beyond subs, including wraps, bowls, salads, desserts, and sides.
- Loyalty programs can help to drive customer allegiance and create incentives for repeat business with discounts, points, and special offers. These programs also provide a reason for sandwich businesses to connect with their consumers, keeping them up to date on developments and generating interest in new menu items.
Why Sandwich Shop Franchises Stand Out
If you still need more information about why you should seek out sub franchises for sale, let’s explore a few of the benefits of buying a sandwich shop franchise.
- Brand recognition: When you invest in a sub franchise, you buy a business with an established reputation amongst consumers. You won’t have to work as hard to convince people to try your sandwiches; consumers will already know they like them.
- Proven business model: You won’t have to build a sandwich shop from scratch. You’ll benefit from all the franchisor’s trial-and-error that led them to create the well-oiled machine you’re investing in.
- Training: You don’t have to know a thing about sandwiches to buy a sandwich business. Most franchisors offer training to prepare franchisees to operate their shops. You’ll want to learn all you can about what makes the brand successful so you can deliver consistent results.
- Marketing: Franchisors recognize the power of marketing. When it benefits each individual franchisee, it benefits the brand overall and each franchisee. You’ll have the advantage of a much larger marketing machine than you could probably create on you own.
- Ongoing support: Franchisors prepare you to open your business and are there to provide support once your doors are open. Other franchisees are also an excellent source of help and advice.
- Choose the right brand: Choose the sandwich brand that aligns with your values and will allow you to achieve your goals as a business owner. Also, be sure to review the brand’s Financial Disclosure Document (FDD), the best snapshot of a company’s financial health. Talking to current and past franchisees can also tell you a lot about what it’s like to work with the franchisor and run the shop day to day.
Penn Station East Coast Subs: All the Reason You Need
At Penn Station East Coast Subs, we pride ourselves on our quality products. Our award-winning sandwich franchise, founded in 1985, offers a wide range of both hot and cold sandwiches, fresh-cut fries, salads, wraps, lemonade, and cookies. We support franchisee success with IT and online ordering, operations and training, marketing, and financial reporting. With available territories in many major markets across the U.S., and an initial investment ranging from $365,361-$696,030, now is the time to open the sandwich shop you’ve been dreaming of. Request information today and we’ll be in touch to tell you more about our growing sandwich brand.