Starting a new venture can be both exciting and overwhelming, especially when it comes to getting the word out about your business. Marketing your business can bring more customers to your restaurant, increase consumer confidence, and pique the curiosity of potential patrons. Because the sandwich market is growing, a solid strategy to market your business can be beneficial. IBISWorld, an industry research firm, reports there are more than 65,000 sandwich restaurants in business that employ more than 545,000 people. The firm expects a 1.9% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in the sandwich restaurant industry for 2023 alone. With sandwich franchise opportunities on the rise, how do you make your Penn Station East Coast Subs stand out?
What is Marketing and Why Does it Matter?
There are many ways to market a business in today’s world—from social media to word of mouth to paid ads and more. Marketing is a term used to describe tactics that make consumers aware of your product and create leads on sales. The main goals of marketing are to:
- Create awareness of your brand and product
- Connect with customers and build business relationships
- Create and maintain a positive business reputation
- Increase sales
- Maintain relevance in the trade area your restaurant serves
Consider this: Have you ever driven past a business and had no idea what it was? Or have you seen a new business pop up and never knew it was coming to your area? A good marketing strategy could have spread the word about those new businesses so you could decide if they were places you wanted to explore as a consumer.
Starting a Franchise Marketing Plan
Marketing has a host of potential benefits, including driving sales. Here are some ideas to incorporate in your marketing plan.
- Start local: You can harness the power of local advertising. Whether it’s radio spots, newspaper ads, or local TV, a focused local marketing approach can be effective. The initial buzz may drive curiosity and foot traffic.
- Leverage Penn Station’s existing marketing materials: One of the key perks of opening a franchise is access to established marketing materials. Use the branded promotional materials from Penn Station. These ready-made resources can be instrumental in setting up your franchise marketing plan.
- Customer engagement: A satisfied customer can be the best marketer. In fact, 76% of consumers read online reviews regularly and more than 70% said reviews for food and drink services are important or very important for them to follow a brand, according to a consumer survey from BrightLocal published in February of 2023. Word-of-mouth marketing can boost your franchise’s reputation locally.
- Digital advertising: Digital marketing, especially those ads targeting local audiences on platforms like YouTube, Instagram, Google or Facebook, can be a great marketing tool. They can also be cost-effective and reach a broader audience as you evaluate your monthly marketing budget.
The Franchise Advantage
A franchise marketing plan might not be complete without the backing of the brand as a whole. A reason some entrepreneurs may choose to do business with franchises is the proven business model and support that comes along with a franchise investment, including marketing support and assistance. At Penn Station East Coast Subs, franchise marketing support and assistance with advertising are main pillars of our franchisee training and support. While it is the responsibility of each franchisee to market their business locally, Penn Station can help guide franchisees in their marketing efforts by providing many of the tools necessary for the franchisee to promote their business locally,. As a franchisee, you get direct access to our insight and experience.
Sandwich Franchise Opportunities with Penn Station
No sandwich is the same, and at Penn Station East Coast Subs, we differentiate ourselves by providing a comprehensive training and support system. Part of this support system involves giving franchisees help with their franchise marketing plan. With direct, to-the-point training at our headquarters in Ohio, franchisees are given both classroom and hands-on training in a restaurant..
When opening a franchise, the task of marketing can seem overwhelming. But remember, Penn Station East Coast Subs has done this countless times By leveraging our industry knowledge, franchisees can avoid common pitfalls and use tried-and-true business practices.
Territories are open for development to multi-unit and single-unit investors who share a passion for our brand.
Request information about our business opportunity today and get started on your franchising journey!
OWN A PENN STATION
INTERESTED? CONTACT US
"*" indicates required fields