Deli Equipment & Sandwich Shop Supplies to Open Sandwich Shop
Planning to open a sandwich shop? Here’s a complete list of the deli equipment and sandwich shop supplies you’ll need to get started.
Sandwich Shop Supplies & Deli Equipment: The List You Need
You want to own your own business by opening a sandwich shop. But you aren’t sure what sandwich shop supplies and deli equipment you’ll need to buy. How do you know which equipment is the most important? Here’s a handy list of some basic deli shop equipment items to help you get started:
- Prep equipment: This type of equipment helps you make your sandwiches. You’ll need items like a meat slicer, food processor, cutting boards, a weight scale, cheese slicer, makeline, and prep tables.
- Cooking equipment: If you plan to serve hot sandwiches, you’ll need an oven hood, a grill, and a conveyor oven.
- Refrigeration units: Preserve your fresh ingredients by keeping them at a safe temperature in a walk-in cooler, reach-in fridge, and a freezer.
- Service equipment: In order to serve what you make to your customers, you’ll need items like plates, bowls, utensils, napkins, and cups.
- Smallwares: Don’t forget the small stuff! You’ll need items like kitchen knives, sheet pans, bread knives, aprons, oven mitts, towels, gloves, condiment caddies, napkin containers, food storage containers, and foil wrap.
- Cleaning supplies: Keeping your workplace sanitary is vital. Invest in dishwashing machines, hand-washing sinks, mops, brooms, buckets, and disinfectants. Make sure to check on your local health department requirements so you aren’t caught short.
- Furniture: You’ll need tables and chairs for indoor seating and umbrellas or tarps for outdoor seating. You’ll also need signage to attract customers to your business.
Invest in a Franchise: Open a Sandwich Shop the Simple Way!
There’s a simpler way of opening a sandwich shop than starting from scratch and going it alone. Consider the benefits of buying a deli franchise. Franchisors offer:
- A business model: You get a blueprint for operating the franchise that’s been tried and tested. This is huge when it comes to things like what equipment to buy. The franchisor already knows exactly what supplies are needed, how much they’ll cost, and who to buy the equipment package and décor from.
- Brand recognition: Buying a franchise means benefitting from an established reputation and a familiar brand. Customers will likely already know who you are and what you offer.
- Support: Most franchisors offer support like site selection, store design, training for you and your staff, and ongoing marketing. You’ll be the boss of your location, but you’ll have backup from the franchisor and fellow franchisees whose wisdom you can also likely benefit from.
Penn Station East Coast Subs: All You’ll Need to Open a Sandwich Shop
Penn Station East Coast Subs is a deli franchise known for our signature premium products and commitment to customer service. Established in Ohio in 1985 by Jeff Osterfeld, Penn Station serves cold deli sandwiches, hot grilled subs, fresh-cut fries, wraps, salads, fresh-squeezed lemonade, and freshly baked cookies. Our loyal customers know they can enjoy Penn Station’s high-quality menu items for lunch and dinner, differentiating us from our competitors.
At Penn Station, we support our franchisees, giving you the support structure needed for owning your own business. We’ve streamlined and focused our operations so you can run your business smoothly.
From operations and training, marketing, and site selection to online ordering and IT, we’ve got the support you need to grow your Penn Station East Coast Subs franchise business. We know what it takes to run a sub sandwich franchise because we’ve been growing our brand for nearly 40 years!
Penn Station is looking for qualified franchisees to grow with us as we expand across the U.S. If you’re passionate about sandwiches, our brand, and high-quality products, you may be a good fit to join the Penn Station family. If you’re interested in owning multiple stores, we have attractive development territories available. There’s never been a better time to become a Penn Station East Coast Subs franchisee.
To learn more about our franchise, request info today.